ARINC 615 Data Loaders
Versatile Data Loader
The DL 615 is the modern solution for intuitive data loading. It turns any Microsoft Windows PC into an ARINC 615-3 and ARINC 603 data loader.
- Replaces old 3½-inch floppy disk only PDLs
- Use with any MS Windows® compatible PC
- ARINC 615-3 and 603 protocols
- Load from floppy, HD, USB, CD, DVD, or network
- Clear indicators for load progress and status
- Efficient multi-file, multi-disk and extra-large loads
- Numerous logging options
- Protocol recording and diagnostic tools
- Configurable for problematic LRUs
- Flightline support
- Avionics development and testing
- Aircraft maintenance
- System upgrades
Portable ARINC 615 Data Loader
The DL 615 is the modern replacement for outmoded 3½-inch floppy disk only ARINC 615 portable data loaders (PDL). Any PC running Microsoft® Windows® can perform data loads using the USB to ARINC 429 interface, cables, and software included with the DL 615. While being as simple to use as older floppy disk PDLs, the DL 615 provides record keeping, flexibility in data management, and powerful features for troubleshooting and enabling data loads into difficult LRUs. As an added benefit, the interface can be used as a general purpose ARINC 429 (and optionally ARINC 717) maintenance tool.
The DL 615 provides flexibility in how data to be loaded is stored and managed. Data can be loaded from floppy disks, hard disk, USB device, CD, DVD, and even from wired or wireless network locations. The transfer status display shows exactly how the load is progressing. Some LRUs have non-standard timing and can be difficult to load. The DL 615 provides compliant, tolerant, and custom timing options which, along with the included 615 protocol recording and debugging/diagnostic tools, enable the DL 615 to load LRUs that are impossible to load with other loaders.
The DL 615 can be easily configured to log data load sessions for record keeping and debugging purposes. Logs can include basic load details only or detailed records with all bus activity. The entry screen can optionally prompt the user for additional details at the start of a transfer session.
All DL 615 models include the following items:
- Data loading software (MS Windows)
- ARINC 429 databus to USB interface (also available with ARINC 717)
- 53-pin data loader cable
- 53-pin to 31-pin adapter cable (ARINC 603)
- Locking USB cable
- Rugged carrying case
Avionics Interface Peripheral
- ARINC 429 protocol
- 8 receive, 4 transmit channels standard (other channel counts available)
- Discrete I/O: 8 channels
- USB 2.0
- Powered by a single USB port
- 53-pin data loader cable, 10 ft (3m)
- 53-pin to 31-pin adapter cable (ARINC 603), 1 ft (0.3m)
- Locking USB cable, 5 ft (1.5m)
- Component: -40 to +85 deg C
- Storage: -55 to +100 deg C
- USB Interface Peripheral: 3.0 x 4.45 x 0.97 in (76 x 113 x 25 mm)
- Carrying Case: 16.0 x 13.0 x 6.9 in (407 x 330 x 175 mm)
Software Operating System Requirements
The Data Loader Software requires the Microsoft® Windows® XP Operating System or above. This includes Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
Suggested Hardware System Requirements
- Intel® Core™2 Duo, 2 GHz (multi-core) processor or higher
- 4 GB RAM
- 2 GB of available hard disk space (additional free disk space required for data logging)
- USB Host Port, 2.0 or higher
Minimum Hardware System Requirements
- 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 1 GB of available hard disk space
- USB 2.0 Host Port
Software Licensing Overview
The Data Loader software license is designed to provide maximum flexibility. There are no dongles to lose or expensive site licenses to manage, just a simple software "key" embedded in the Ballard databus interface hardware. The Data Loader license allows you to install the software on as many computers as desired. Any of these computers are authorized to operate the interface hardware containing the license key.
For more information or to request a quote, call +1.425.339.0281 or complete the form above.
Standard Data Loader Kit
|DL-UA1430-01||Standard data loader kit with ARINC 429, 8R4T channels|
Other Data Loader Kits
|ARINC 429 Channels||ARINC 717 Channels||DL 615 Kit Only||DL 615 & CoPilot*|
*Includes CoPilot analysis & test software
nRnT = number of Receive/Transmit channels
The interface hardware is black, for optional Flight Test Orange color add '/FTO' suffix to the above part number.
Data Loader Components
The Data Loader software and cables are included in the above kits, but are also available separately for use with previously purchased interface hardware or for replacement.
|SW-615-DL||Data loader software; for use with Ballard BTIDriver compatible interface hardware|
|16080||53-pin data loader cable|
|16081||53-pin to 31-pin adapter cable (ARINC 603)|