Portable USB Interfaces
The Easy Avionics Interface
These pocket-sized USB adapters are the easy and portable way to interface your computer to MIL-STD-1553 Avionics databuses.
- Up to 2 Dual Redundant MIL-STD-1553 Channels
- 8 Avionics Discrete I/O
- IRIG A/B PWM and AM
- USB 2.0 Bus Powered—No External Power Supply Needed
- 32 MB Data Memory
- RoHS Compliant Design
- Standard Black or Flight Test Orange Case
- Small, Portable, and Rugged
- Boards also available without enclosure for embedded use
- MIL-STD-1553 Analysis, Test, and Simulation
- Data Loading
- Flightline and AOG Support
- Replacing Plug-in Cards
- Many More Uses in the Lab or in the Field
Powerful 1553 Interfaces
The USB 1553 family of pocket-sized USB adapters enable computers to communicate with, simulate, test, and monitor MIL-STD-1553 equipment and systems. These rugged USB 2.0 peripherals feature extensive 1553 functionality and are compatible with virtually all modern PC laptop, desktop, and tablet computers.
These versatile interfaces are suitable for a wide range of applications in the lab and in the field. They support maximum data throughput on all 1553 channels and have a large 32 MB built-in memory. All power necessary for operation is provided via the single USB port. Plug and Play and Hot Swap features make them easy to install and move between computers.
Depending upon the hardware model, each 1553 channel may be either single-function, multi-function, or bus monitor only. Single-function channels can be configured in software as either a Bus Controller (BC), a Bus Monitor (BM), or up to 32 Remote Terminals (RTs). Multi-function channels have protocol error injection capability and can simultaneously be a BC, BM, and up to 32 RTs. All models include eight avionics level input/output discretes and IRIG time synchronization/generation.
Develop software applications with the included BTIDriver API, or use Astronics' optional CoPilot software. CoPilot provides powerful, easy-to-use interactive tools for databus test, analysis, and simulation.
- BC, RT, and/or Monitor
- Dual-redundant channels
- Models available: Single-function, Multi-function, and Bus Monitor only
- Error injection (Multi-function only)
- Transformer and direct coupling
- Transformer coupled cable included
- LEDs indicate bus traffic and errors
Other portable USB Interfaces are also available with different protocol and software options. Click on the following links for more information:
MIL-STD-1553 Channel Details
- Dual redundant channels—Bus A and B
- Single-function, multi-function, and bus monitor only models available
- Single-function: BC, 32 RTs, or bus monitor
- Multi-function: Error injection, BC, 32 RTs, and bus monitor simultaneously
- Bus monitor only models available in dual redundant or non-redundant versions
- Jumpers for direct coupled termination
- Model dependent 1553 capability
- USB 2.0 interface
- 8 Avionics Discrete I/O
- IRIG A/B input and output
- 2 LED indicators
- 32 MB on-board memory
- Component temperature: -40 to + 85 deg C
- Storage temperature: -55 to +100 deg C
- Dim: 3.0 x 4.45 x 0.97 inch (76 x 113 x 25 mm)
- Weight: under 5 oz (140 g)
- I/O Connector: HD44F D-Sub
- Secure locking connectors
- Power: Single USB Port
- MTBF: 1,500,000 hours
For more information or to request a quote, call +1.425.339.0281 or complete the form above.
|Protocol||Channels||Hardware & CoPilot*||Hardware Only|
|MIL-STD-1553||1 Multi-function, 1 Bus Monitor||CP-UA1131||UA1131|
|MIL-STD-1553||1 Single-function, 1 Bus Monitor||CP-UA1121||UA1121|
|MIL-STD-1553||2 Bus Monitor||CP-UA1111||UA1111|
|MIL-STD-1553||1 Bus Monitor||CP-UA1110||UA1110|
|MIL-STD-1553||4 Bus Monitor**||CP-UA1140||UA1140|
*Includes optional CoPilot Test & Analysis Software at special bundled pricing
**Channels are non-redundant
Multi-function channels have protocol error injection capability and can simultaneously be a Bus Controller (BC), Bus Monitor (BM), and up to 32 Remote Terminals (RTs).
Single-function channels can be configured in software as either a Bus Controller (BC), a Bus Monitor (BM), or up to 32 Remote Terminals (RTs).
To order options, add the appropriate suffix to the end of the part number.
- /FTO - Flight Test Orange case in place of the standard black case
- /NE - No Enclosure, Printed Circuit Board Assembly only, for embedded use
- /FXY - Conformal coating (Parylene)
Cables & Accessories
The following accessories are included with all models except /NE versions:
- 1553 transformer-coupled I/O cable with PL-75 connectors (3 ft)
- USB-A cable with screw-locks (5 ft)
- Mating HD44P D-Sub I/O connector
- Software CD
A wide variety of cables and accessories are also available to complement Astronics' line of avionics databus interface products.