LP1553-5 (PCI) / LE1553-5 (PCI Express)
The LP1553-5 (PCI) and LE1553-5 (PCIe) are personal computer expansion cards for communicating with MIL-STD-1553 systems. These feature-rich interfaces provide programmable data buffers and deep built-in memory. Models offer 1 to 4 dual redundant MIL-STD-1553 channels, 16 input/output avionics level discretes, and IRIG time synchronization/generation. MIL-STD-1553 capability includes BC, RT, and/or Monitor. Avionics discretes can be used as general purpose I/O or linked in hardware to 1553 databus activity as triggers or syncs.
The Lx1553-5 model line supports maximum data throughput on all 1553 interfaces. Each channel is independently configurable as Bus Controller, Remote Terminal(s), and/or Bus Monitor. Messages can be captured by a sequential monitor for all channels, or via RT map monitoring. Notification of databus activity is handled through the on-board Event Log, which can be processed by polling or via an interrupt. To dramatically reduce the host CPU processing, the sequential monitor has a DMA mode that automatically moves records to host memory through PCI/PCIe bus mastering.
- 1 to 4 dual-redundant MIL-STD-1553 channels
- Single-function or multi-function Single-function: BC or RT(s) or monitor Multi-function: BC and RT(s) and monitor
- IRIG & 16 Avionics discrete I/O
- Large 32 MB on-board memory
- 48 bit, 1 uSec hardware time-tagging
- All power drawn from backplane (no auxiliary cabling required)
- RoHS compliant design
- Translation DLL for application conversion
- CoPilot® databus analyzer software available
The Lx1553-5 products are half size compliant cards. Avionics transition cabling is available from the unit's I/O connectors to standard 1553 cable connections. The universal PCI or PCI Express interfaces available make the Lx1553-5 compatible with virtually all modern desktop, rackmount, and server computers.