Omnibus PMC 1553
Power and Flexibility
The OmniBus® 1553 PMC brings the power and flexibility of OmniBus 1553 products to the PMC form-factor. This COTS-based device offers a rugged, conduction cooled, dual channel 1553 interface. The OmniBus 1553 PMC is able to withstand extreme temperatures, shock and vibration making it ideal for interfacing to MIL-STD-1553 databuses in harsh environments..
- 1 or 2 dual-redundant MIL-STD-1553 A/B channels
- BC, RT and Monitor operation
- Each 1553 channel may be ordered in five levels of functionality (see Models tab below)
- Flexible BC schedules with gaps, branches, retries, etc.
- Support for all 1553B messages, mode codes, broadcast, etc.
- Capture all or selected traffic on fully loaded buses
- Full error detection and error injection to word and bit level
- Variable transmit amplitude and zero crossing distortion
- IRIG time-tags/synchronization
- RT address input discretes
- Direct and transformer coupled
- PCI: universal voltage, 32-bit, 33/66 MHz
- PrPMC compatible
- Conduction cooled
- Rear panel I/O (P14 connector)
- Optional front panel I/O
- PowerPC user processor
- RS-232/422/485 ports
- Avionics discrete I/O
OmniBus 1553 PMC
OmniBus 1553 PMC has the power and flexibility to operate as a simple or intelligent 1553 interface card or as an embedded processor. Its on-board PowerPC processor and ability to run user programs make the OmniBus 1553 PMC unique among PMC cards. It is available with either convection cooled front panel or conduction cooled rear panel I/O. Though not modular like other OmniBus products, it has all OmniBus 1553 features in one or two 1553 channels and a variety of configurations.
OmniBus products are built using an integrated board, core, and module architecture. PCI, cPCI, and Ethernet/USB boards include 1 or 2 cores, VME boards have up to 4, and PMC boards include a single fixed core. Each on-board core has a dedicated protocol processor, IRIG timer, and 3 sync and 3 trigger lines. These cores are the support circuitry for the I/O modules, which contain the interface to the databus protocol(s). Isolating the protocol interface on the I/O module provides the flexibility to create custom, user-specified configurations for single or mixed protocols. The protocol-specific OmniBus architecture provides a better solution with greater performance than general-purpose modular systems (such as IndustryPack™).
- MIL-STD-1553 channels: 1 or 2 dual redundant
- User Processor: PowerPC®
- Memory: 16MB SDRAM, 4MB Flash
- RS-232/422/485 serial ports: 2
- Avionics discrete I/O: 8
- Digital I/O: 6
- Capable of RT address strapping
- IRIG A/B input and output
- Front or read panel I/O
- Convection or conduction cooled
- Universal Card (5V or 3.3V signaling)
- VITA 32, PrPMC compatible
- 32-bit; 33 MHz/66 MHz
- Plug and Play
- Suitable for commercial or rugged applications
- Size: 74 x 144.75 mm
- BTIDriver included for C/C++, VB, LabVIEW
- Drivers available for Windows, Linux, VxWorks, INTEGRITY
- Linux and other Board Support Packages available
For more information or to request a quote, call +1.425.339.0281 or complete the form above.