L-854 FM Radio Receiver/Decoder
The L-854 FM radio receiver/decoder provides a field tunable radio to allow pilots to control airfield lighting with a series of 3, 5, or 7 microphone clicks in a 5-second period. An integrated selectable timer shuts airfield lights off after 1, 15, 30, or 60 minutes of illumination.Data Sheet (.pdf)
Product InformationFAA AC 150/5345-49, L-854
The L-854 receiver is particularly useful for small to midsized airfields where continuous nighttime illumination is unnecessary. The rugged, solid-state design will provide years of service and is the perfect replacement for aging “crystal” based units.
- The FM radio receiver is 100% field tunable within the 118-136MHz Airband.
- Tested to operate indoors or outdoors in temperatures from -55C to +55C.
- Standard construction features a rugged NEMA 4/12 enclosure. Custom cabinets are available to suit your application.
- Relay bank operation is easily selectable from front panel.
- Standard long life mechanical relays ensure compatibility with your equipment.
- The solid state receiver design makes for extremely low power consumption.
- Custom designs are available for OEM integration, solar deployment, mobile operation and Heliport control.
- Available in a wide range of operating voltages from 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz.
Contact & Support
Astronics DME, Airfield Lighting
P: +1.954.975.2100Contact Sales Download Catalog Contact Support