Introducing Sierra, the next generation, streaming, portable Inflight Entertainment (IFE) system from Astronics CSC. With a full list of features packed into its compact design, Sierra provides an innovative solution for portable IFE needs.
Your Easy Streaming Solution
Airline passengers no longer see inflight entertainment as a luxury -- they expect it. These expectations can be a challenge for airlines to meet, with investments required for most installed IFE systems. Installed systems require certification, with costly installations causing aircraft to be out of commission for up to a week while the process is completed.
Sierra is a carry-on IFE solution designed to provide full-featured inflight entertainment to everything from small, private jets to large, widebody commercial aircraft without the need for any installation. With a suite of features unmatched in today’s portable IFE marketplace, Sierra offers solution providers the ability to reliably stream hundreds of hours of audio, video, digital magazine content, and more.
With its lightweight compact size and scalability, Sierra is deployable in almost any cabin environment. Crew can simply place it in the overhead compartment of the aircraft and easily transfer it among different planes within a fleet. Not only easy to operate, its user-focused interface and interactive points make it easy to customize to meet the unique needs of diverse airlines.
Purposefully designed to deliver inflight entertainment in any application, Sierra provides unparalleled dependability.
- Low-power processor
- Battery life for over 12-hours streaming content
- Optional aircraft power solution
Robust in construction and functionality, Sierra offers the potential for scalability to meet the needs of any aircraft.
- Dedicated third radio for wireless networking between multiple units
- Up to 2 TB of storage
- 4G LTE Cellular and 802.11n WiFi capability
Packed with features, Sierra offers unmatched performance for a portable IFE platform in any cabin environment.
- Demo software based on Ubuntu Server
- Meets safety requirements per IEC 62368-1
- FCC/ISED/CE Qualified
- I/O for moving maps
- Optional PA pause solution
- Low-power Intel® Atom™ x5-E3930 processor
- Dual band 2.4GHz/5GHz 802.11ac, Wave 2 access point
- Dedicated third 802.11n (2.4 GHz) radio for wireless networking between multiple units
- Up to 2 TB of storage possible with front removable solid-state drive
- Optional aircraft power solution with appropriate STC
Astronics CSC reserves the right to make changes to the specifications and its products at any time without notice.
For more information on Sierra and other inflight connectivity products, contact us.