AeroShield Radome System
Don’t settle for aerodynamic drag penalties when installing connectivity antennas! The Astronics AeroShield™ low drag radome and adapter plate system is the right solution for connectivity installations. AeroShield is ARINC 791 compliant, which provides operational cost savings, fleet commonality, technology future-proofing, and system weight reduction.
The AeroShield™ radome system is composed of 2 aircraft components:
2. Adapter Plate plus fittings
The AeroShield radome system provides key benefits to the aircraft operator:
- Highly optimized aerodynamic shape reduces drag and increases fuel savings.
- Bird Strike compliance with FAA and EASA regulations reduces certification time and cost.
- ARINC 791 style installation eliminates costly over-engineered installations.
- Simplifies maintenance inspections and reduces life cycle costs.
- Advanced adapter plate design optimization minimizes system weight.
The AeroShield radome system was developed using ARINC 791 standards which provides:
- Creates a simplified & standardized installation.
- Provides future-proofing of SATCOM installations, allowing future SATCOM upgrades when available.
- Provides for commonality & interchangeability across entire fleets.
- Provides for easy de-modification during end-of-lease restoration.
Key Features of AeroShield include:
- RF performance is optimized for Ku band only, providing maximum RF transmissivity.
- Applicable to Ku band broadband data and DBS-TV SATCOM systems.
- Aerodynamic radome and adapter plate follows the curvature of the aircraft skin without requiring a large installation doubler, sealants, or fasteners through the aircraft skin.
- Installation fittings attach to variable aircraft frame spacings for maximum installation flexibility.
- Extra safety design features include bird strike hardness. Radome is compliant with FAA and EASA Radome bird strike testing requirements.
- DER approved loads report is available to support STC.
- Radome kit is retrofittable to replace current higher drag radomes in use today.
Contact & Support
Contact & Support
220 Hackett Hill Road
Manchester, NH 03102 USA