ActivATE Test Management Software
Semiconductor Test Software
Easily create and run robust test programs in semiconductor automated test systems with ActivATE™ test management software. Designed by test engineers for test engineers, ActivATE™ tames automated test complexities with elegant simplicity.
ActivATE™ is a powerful framework comprised of an integrated development environment (IDE), a test sequencer, and a device manager. Test engineers can rapidly create and deploy test programs using standard production languages. Ship new products faster than ever before with this all-in-one test executive software, where you can run up to 36 programs simultaneously and independently to identify defects, streamline your operations, and reduce your cost of test.
ActivATE™ is intended for use exclusively with Astronics' semiconductor test equipment, where it enables our testers to provide massively parallel test capability. For nearly 20 years, leading semiconductor companies have trusted ActivATE™ to verify the performance of billions of semiconductor devices worldwide.
An All-In-One Test Management Solution
The award-winning ActivATE™ simplifies development and execution of your test plans by serving as your single test software solution:
- One single turnkey program used in development, engineering, and production
- Enables testing of multiple devices and sites, simultaneously
- Acts as an IDE, test sequencer, AND device manager
- Runs up to 36 programs simultaneously and independently in 3 different languages
- Logs pass/fail results and drives product binning
- Includes integrated debugger that allows the test engineer to debug and step through test code, view, and modify variables
- Runs test programs in a GUI environment or as a background task
- Provides excellent control over the test flow including branching, pause-on-fail, step, disable, and more
- Test results can be formatted as PDF, HTML, Word, Text, or CSV for easy export
Easy to Use
ActivATE™ test management software is a single program, used by both test developers as well as production floor techicians. Engineers typically learn to drive ActivATE™ within a day.
- Intuitive dashboard for viewing production at-a-glance
- Easy to customize – quickly setup, configure and optimize complex test plans
- Designed for the product engineer vs software experts
- Based on .NET for a familiar Windows-based look and feel
- Simplified reporting outputs (i.e., STDF format) and streamline linkages to databases (e.g., data analytics)
Flexible and Extensible
The .NET architecture means ActivATE™ is easy to adapt, customize and scale.
- Add instrument drivers and other updates
- Quickly adapt your existing test program sets or build your own
- Program with C#, VB.NET, or VBScript
Saves Time and Engineering Resources
ActivATE™ enables many software resources to simultaneously develop test programs, from program architects to test engineers. This parallell approach accelerates the test program development schedule, delivering a faster time to fully automated test.
In addition, the software speed and capacity is unmatched:
- Enables up to 36 test interface units (TIUs) to execute test programs in parallel
- Data-centric architecture manages large amounts of data in various formats
- Combs through 1 GB per hour of data from a fully loaded tester
These savings in engineering and testing time deliver a faster time-to-volume, units-per-hour (UPH), and ultimately a reduced cost-of-test.
A Secure Solution
The ActivATE™ Test Platform software requires a login ID and Password separate from the operating system login. Set your permission levels for all 4 types of users: admin, engineer, technician and operator.
Services and Support
Together, the synergy of our engineer to engineer collaboration will help to ensure your success. We offer:
- Dedicated program managers
- A global team supporting installation, training, and maintenance
- Online help and complete documentation