Freedom 2 Universal Functional Tester
Universal Functional Tester
Maximize the uptime of your most critical electronics with the FreedomTM 2 functional tester from Astronics.
Deployed globally for more than 20 years, the newest version of this tester provides a configurable, affordable solution that delivers just enough test.
View our solution brochure.
Support legacy systems as well as today’s newer electronics with this flexible tester, where you have the freedom to specify new instruments and software or integrate your own solutions. This universal tester is ideal for use in high reliability industries, including:
- Commercial aerospace
- Mass transit
- Missile and weapons
- Radio test
- and more
Whether you’re looking to replace a legacy system or create a new program, Astronics delivers your solution with an open architecture based on industry standards for fast, easy configuring and efficient operation. The FreedomTM 2 is your state-of-the-art choice to ensure optimal operation of critical systems.
A Step Forward in Functional Test
The FreedomTM 2 offers unprecedented flexibility and configurability in a single,
complete turnkey solution.
- Modular and configurable - our instrumentation or yours
- Upgradeable - buy what you need now and update/expand functionality later
- Easy to migrate - can include existing TPS from Teradyne and other historical systems
- Efficient - space-saving footprint
- Industry standards-based - VXI, PXI, and others
- Supportable - dedicated engineering, factory and field support staff
A Complete Menu of Test Functionality
Test your systems from board to box
level at your factory, depot, or MRO.
Test capability includes:
- Performance digital test
- Mixed signal test
- Parallel test
- Real-time bus testing
Configure your system for your needs with any variety of core instruments and components, including:
- VXI/PXI instrumentation
- Core digital test
- Analog test
- Serial communications
- Any variety of test management software
- Multiple interface options
- Racks, skins, chassis, electrical infrastructure
Select components from the library of products offered by Astronics, or, if you prefer, select third party instruments for integration - the choice is yours.
Astronics can also offer build-to-print to meet your specifications using the FreedomTM 2 as a core platform.
Services and Support
No program is complete without intense service and support. With Astronics, you can expect:
- Engineer-to-engineer collaboration and customization
- Program management
- Installation and ongoing support
Contact & Support
"The Astronics FTS-940 has turned out to be a perfect test system for us. During development, the Astronics Test Systems team consistently went the extra mile to add useful features and exceed our requirements."