Runway Closure Marker
FAA AC 150/5345-55 (current edition)
FAA Engineering Brief 67
FAA AC 150/5370-2
Safety Recommendation A-03-05
The LED Runway Closure Marker can be positioned anywhere on the airfield to effectively warn pilots of closed runways and taxiways.
- Easily set up by one person in 2-3 minutes, without tools.
- Four folding arms open to 14 foot length.
- 20 LED lamps deliver over 70,000 candelas at beam center.
- Visible 10-25 miles from runway under VFR.
- Selectable brightness levels to suit environmental conditions.
- Photocell dimming for night operation.
- Four rear-mounted lamps allow visual monitoring from rear side.
- Powered by a three-cylinder, liquid cooled Mitsubishi diesel engine and Marathon brushless generator.
- Operates 140 hours between fuel fills.
- Highway towable, with a standard 2” hitch coupler.
- 2200 pound, DOT compliant trailer.
- Four swivel leveling jacks.
- Adjustable light beam angle.
- Optional rear hitch, allows tandem towing of 2 units.
- Optional cover.
Contact & Support
Astronics DME, Airfield Lighting
P: +1.954.975.2100Contact Sales Download Catalog Contact Support