The AeroShield radome system is composed of 2 aircraft components:
2. Carbon Fiber Adapter Plate plus fittings
The AeroShield radome system provides key benefits to the aircraft operator:
- Highly optimized aerodynamic shape reduces drag and increases fuel savings.
- Bird Strike compliance with FAA Issue Papers for Large Radome Installations reduces certification time and cost.
- ARINC 791 compliant installation eliminates costly over-engineered installations.
- Simplifies maintenance inspections and reduces life cycle costs.
- Advanced Carbon Fiber Composite adapter plate design minimizes system weight.
The AeroShield radome system is ARINC 791 compliant which provides:
- Creates a simplified & standardized installation.
- Provides future-proofing of SATCOM installations, allowing future SATCOM upgrades when available.
- Provides for commonality & interchangeability across entire fleets.
- Provides for easy de-modification during end-of-lease restoration.
Key Features of AeroShield include:
- RF performance is optimized for Ku band only, providing maximum RF transmissivity.
- Applicable to Ku band broadband data and DBS-TV SATCOM systems.
- Aerodynamic radome and adapter plate follows the curvature of the aircraft skin without requiring a large installation doubler, sealants, or fasteners through the aircraft skin.
- Installation fittings attach to variable aircraft frame spacings for maximum installation flexibility.
- Extra safety design features include bird strike hardness. Radome is compliant with revised FAA guidance on Radome bird strike testing.
- DER approved loads report is available to support STC.
- Radome kit is retrofittable to replace current higher drag radomes in use today.
AeroShield Data Sheet