FAA AC 150/5345-44 (current edition)
Types Y, L, R & B
Engineering Brief 67D
Certificate of Conformance (.pdf)
Meets “Buy American” requirements.
Type L-858Y Direction, Destination, and Boundary signs – black legend on a yellow background.
Type L-858R Mandatory Instruction sign – 3/4-inch (19 mm) ± 1/8-inch (3.2 mm) black outline on outside edge of white legend on a red background.
Type L-858L Taxiway Location signs – yellow legend and border on a black background. The yellow border is inset from the inner edge of the sign to provide a continuous black margin.
Type L-858B Runway Distance Remaining sign – white legend on a black background.
- First LED signs on the market to meet new AC 150/5345-44K.
- Low VA consumption.
- Uses long life LED technology with 50,000+ hours of projected life.
- Design that virtually eliminates hot spots and shadows.
- Designed to operate on all steps of a 3-step or 5-step CCR and on a 5.5A CCR using the same size isolation transformer.
- Uses LED sequencing technology to minimize energy consumption.
- A single isolation transformer can drive up to one 4-module sign.
- Easy to handle and install due to lightweight, thin design.
- External power disconnect switch (optional) to isolate the sign from the circuit for maintenance.
- Available in 200 MPH (FAA Mode 2) and 300 MPH (FAA Mode 3) versions.