CorePower® systems from Astronics’ intelligently controlled solid state switches save weight, parts count, and cost while providing unprecedented reliability, arc fault protection, and reduced crew workload. Over the past two decades, Astronics has developed and perfected electronic circuit breaker technologies, designing modern distribution systems that safely and efficiently manage the aircraft power. CorePower® Electronic Circuit Breaker Units and Controllers create a more evenly distributed system. This distributed system allows for less wire throughout the aircraft, as well as replacement of many switches, relays, controllers, and contactors.
Astronics’ CorePower® aircraft Electric Power Distribution Systems are uniquely suited for today's sophisticated corporate jets, UAVs, and advanced helicopter programs. With a history of high reliability, they are an ideal choice for aircraft power distribution.
Benefits of Electronic Circuit Breakers include:
- Flexibility - trip limits are programmable
- Reliability - certified and flying in many power systems
- Redundancy - dual redundant digital interface via RS-485 digital bus
- Data Reporting - current and voltage data automatically reported
- Inherent Arc Fault Protection - each electronic circuit breaker has both I2t protection and a fast response feature to prevent false trips
- Proven Technology - environmental qualification (RTCA/DO-160E), software qualification (RTCA/DO-178A), as well as qualified and certified on Part 23 aircraft; qualified on Part 25 aircraft
- Weight Savings - smaller LRUs reduce wire weight and volume