Aircraft Power Distribution
CorePower® systems from Astronics replace traditional thermal mechanical breaker systems with intelligently controlled solid state switches providing unprecedented reliability and safety.
Astronics CorePower aircraft Electrical Power Distribution Systems are uniquely suited for today's sophisticated corporate jets, UAVs, VVIP, and advanced helicopter programs. With a history of high reliability, they are the ideal choice for aircraft power distribution.
Electronic Circuit Breaker Units
CorePower® Electronic Circuit Breaker Units (ECBUs) used in power distribution systems have the unique capability to be conveniently located throughout aircraft. Smaller and lighter than their conventional counterparts, ECBUs create a more evenly distributed system. This distributed system allows for less wire throughout the aircraft, as well as aids in arc fault detection, replacement of many switches, relays, controllers, and contactors.
- Up to 20 times higher system reliability (electronic circuit breakers versus traditional breakers)
- Certified and flying in many power systems
- Current and voltage data automatically reported
Significant Size and Weight Advantage
- Overall reduction of wire weight by 30%
- Smaller LRUs reduce wire weight and volume
Safety & Certification
- Each electronic circuit breaker has both I2t protection and a fast response feature to prevent false trips
- Environmental qualification (RTCA/DO-160E), software qualification (RTCA/DO-178A)
- Qualified and certified on Part 23 aircraft, qualified on Part 25 aircraft
- Dual redundant digital interface via RS-485 digital bus
Improved Pilot Experience
- Intelligent system integrates and automates control functions with fewer panels than before reducing pilot workload
- Modernized cockpit look and feel
AC or DC Electronic Circuit Breaker Unit
The newest unit offers all the features of our earlier ECBU offerings but is a smaller unit requiring less space therefore providing more flexible mounting options.
DC Electronic Circuit Breaker Unit
Offers increased functionality and system control. Certified and flying on PC-24 and Bell 525.
For more information or to request a quote, call +1.425.881.1700 or contact sales.