EmPower® Inflight Power With Integrated Seat Power Systems
EmPower® Integrated Seat Power Systems provide an integrated solution to providing passenger PED power and IFE power in a single, low-profile seat box. EmPower® System Integrated Seat Power products are based on the advanced technology created for our EmPower® AC In-Seat Power Systems with smaller volume and higher efficiency than can be found in non-integrated systems. The Seat Power Box (SPB) is designed to provide both 110V AC power for passenger PEDs and customer defined DC power for IFE and other in-seat equipment. The SPB is capable of operating in several modes including AC/DC, AC only, or DC only and provides dynamic power allocation between AC and DC outputs.
Enhanced features include:
- Fully compliant with FAA guidelines on PC power systems
- GFI circuit protection
- Dual redundant thermal management protection
- Compliant with DO-160D, Boeing and Airbus requirements
- Short circuit, over/under voltage protection with auto recovery and GFI protection for AC
- Silent, fan-less operation (1284-10)
- Includes RS-485 interface to meet the Airbus “Enhanced Cabin” architecture with integrated IFE for total cabin power management. Compliant with ARINC-485 specification.
- 250 VA total (1284-10 SPB) or 400 VA total (1284-20 SPB)
- Up to four AC outlets at 150 VA per outlet
- Up to four DC outputs at up to 135 VA max
- UL 943 GFI (6mA/30mS)
- Weighs 3.1 lbs (nominal)